Garden Club is starting back at Godley Station K8 this November for all 3rd-5th grade students.
Gardening can promote responsibility, teamwork, and problem solving skills. We will meet once
a month throughout the cold months on the third Wednesday of each month. During the spring,
we will meet twice a month on the first and third Wednesdays of each month. Meeting times will
be from 3:00-4:30pm. This year our mission is to teach responsibility and respect for our peers
and our environment through a naturalistic classroom environment.
Our goals for our first year back will be to
● Establish basic garden knowledge
● Plant, water, and maintain garden beds during the school year
● Complete garden related service projects
● Create special times throughout the year for garden clean up/upkeep (weeding,
fertilizing, etc. )
● Begin planning/organizing ways to conserve money (rain barrels, compost pile,
etc.) for next year’s garden club.
● Begin planning/organizing ways to use our garden to provide for different
charities in our community.
If you have any questions or interest in garden club please contact Ms. Blackwell at
Garden Club Permission Slip.pdf