Thank you for your interest in registering your child in the Savannah-Chatham County Public School System! Registration for Grades K-12 is a two-step process, regardless if the student is new to the district or transferring within district. For Pre-K or Choice programs, refer to Other Types of Registration below.
Step 1: Grades K-12 Registration
Students New to the District:
Important information to know before registering:
- Only a parent, as displayed on the official birth certificate, or legal guardian may register a student in school.
- A Chatham County Resident, who is eighteen years of age or older, is regarded as an adult and may register themselves.
- The potential student must reside within Chatham County.
- Savannah-Chatham County Public School System encourages enrollees to use the online registration option.
- In order to complete the online registration process, required documents must be uploaded. Click here to review Registration Requirements.
- All required documents should be saved electronically prior to starting the online registration form. Click here to view the Document Upload Help Guide.
Do you need help with registration? In-person assistance is available for parents needing assistance with registration at the SCCPSS Student & Family Service Center, 400 East Broad Street. Appointments are required. You can also call (912) 395-5584.
Students Transferring Within District:
Important information to know before transferring within district:
Step 2: Completing the Process
The school's Information Specialist or assigned school staff member will contact the enrolling parent or legal guardian to complete the registration process. The submitted documents will be reviewed for accuracy and visibility. If you do not receive a response within 3-5 school calendar days, please contact the school.
Other Types of Registration