Bus Driver Positions
We offer up to $28.59 per hour AND an outstanding benefits package!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
We are currently hiring for bus drivers to join our winning team! The SCCPSS Transportation team transports more than 17,000 students to and from school every day. People who love children, love being a bus driver! Enjoy a career that allows you to truly make a difference in the lives of those around you. CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
Our bus driver training program is award-winning and best-in-class. We provide you with fully paid Commercial Driver's License training while you enjoy the benefits of working and growing in a world-class district.
COMPETITIVE PAY SCALE
School bus drivers in Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools are paid an hourly rate that is based on related work experience, any college coursework and/or service in the U.S. military. In a vibrant market like Savannah-Chatham County, our bus drivers receive a competitive wage scale
Entry level pay starts at $15.79 and goes up to $28.59 per hour
- Combined 6-hour guarantee per day for drivers working morning and afternoon routes
- Most drivers work an average of 5-8 hours per day
- Drivers have opportunity to earn additional money through field trips and other activities
- Paid two times per month
- District contributes to the cost of health benefits
- Basic life insurance of $15,000, guarantee-issue for all benefited employees
- Medical, vision, dental, short-term disability, and more
- 100% Fully Paid Commercial Driver's License Training
- Award-winning Safety & Training Curriculum
- Receive full pay while being trained by the very best for your CDL
- CDL testing by our own certified examiners, conducted on-site
- 10 days of paid sick leave per school year (three of which can be used as personal days)
- Summers off, plus all major holidays
- Drivers follow the student calendar - be home when your kids are home from school!
- Work Schedule Fits Your Busy Life
- Most drivers are done for the day by 5:00pm on weekdays
- Weekend work may be optional (field trips, etc.), but is not required
- Drivers have a mid-day break (typically 9:30am - 1:30pm) to run errands, meet teachers for conferences, workout, or pursue other personal activities
BRING YOUR CHILD TO WORK
- Drivers may bring their SCCPSS school-aged children on the bus with them, if the children attend school in the driver's zone
- All possible effort is made to place drivers in a zone where their child(ren) attend a GCPS school
- Possible list item of benefits 1
- Possible list item of benefits 2
- Possible list item of benefits 3
HOW DO I APPLY?
CLICK HERE TO APPLY today! Submit your completed application, along with required work history, and a reference form completed by a previous supervisor. Drivers must be 21 years or older and must have a good driving record to be considered.
The Transportation Department will contact qualified applicants to schedule an interview. For additional information call (912) 395-5552.
Bus Monitor Positions - CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Want to join the Transportation team as a School Bus Monitor? SCCPSS is hiring for bus monitors, a critical support role in transporting our students. Bus Monitors provide assistance to Special Education students being transported, as well as to the bus driver. School bus monitors enjoy many of the same benefits as drivers but are not required to hold a Commercial Driver's License.
- Monitors are paid an hourly rate that is based on related work experience, any college coursework and/or service in the U.S. military.
- Monitors are paid two times per month.
Click here to apply for Bus Monitor Position