Accounting Services supports and maintains the activities of the Savannah Chatham County School System by processing financial information according to the guidelines of the state and federal governments.
Our purpose is to provide excellent service and accurate, reliable financial information to all of our customers through the following:
- Financial Reporting - Prepare reports for federal, state and local agencies, board members and taxpayers.
- Disbursements - Review and process all vendor, employee reimbursement and non-Payroll payments to ensure accuracy, timeliness and adherence to Savannah Chatham County Schools (SCCPS) policies.
- Cash Management - Monitor and report SCCPS daily cash and investment position to ensure records accurately reflect cash and investment activity.
- Grants Accounting - Provide financial monitoring and reporting for SCCPS sponsored agreements, and prepare required financial reports of sponsored funds.
- School Based Accounting - Provide quality training and ongoing support to System schools in the area of Student Activity Fund Accounting.