The St. Francis-Turner-Hathaway Scholarship Fund is established by the St. Francis of the Islands Episcopal Church with The Savannah Community Foundation, Inc. (the “Community Foundation”). The scholarship is open to all high school seniors in Chatham County, Georgia who have:
- Obtained a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 but less than 3.0.
- Scored a minimum of 1000 on the combined verbal and math portion of the SAT. (Under current circumstances this criteria is not a requirement. Submit scores, if available.)
- Performed community service that exceeds the minimum required by the student’s high school.
- Demonstrated financial need defined as qualifying for free or reduced lunches (or would if the high school participated in a government subsidized lunch program).
- Submitted a completed copy of this application, signed and dated.
Scholarship awards are to assist the recipients in the payment of tuition, fees, room, board, and other academic expenses made payable to the institution.
The amount of the scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year shall be $2,000.