The Savannah Chatham County Public School System is partnering with local providers to make vaccines available to all teachers and staff. Multiple community healthcare partners are offering COVID-19 vaccination clinics for pre-K-12th grade educators, school employees, and early childcare workers in Chatham County the weekend of March 13-14.
“Our teachers and school employees play such a critical role in our local communities, and we need to offer vaccination opportunities that won't disrupt instructional time," said Dr. Lawton Davis, Health Director of the Coastal Health District. “This partnership among healthcare providers is a great example of a community response to a community-wide health emergency."
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE LIST OF ALL LOCAL PROVIDERS AND SCHEDULE YOUR VACCINE.
Notes for you vaccination date:
- Please wear short sleeve clothing.
- Do not arrive early for your appointment as this creates crowding at the event location.
- Health insurance is not required and there is no out-of-pocket cost for vaccination. However, if you have insurance, please bring your health insurance information. Some providers may bill the health insurance company, but you will not be billed directly for vaccination.
- All other Georgians eligible for vaccination can make an appointment with local healthcare providers during regular clinic hours. Appointments with the Coastal Health District can be scheduled online at chdcovidvax.org or by calling 912-230-5506 during business hours.
- State of Georgia Vaccine Locator https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-vaccine
- Vaccine Spotter https://www.vaccinespotter.org/GA/